35 Ideas To Make Your Blog Stand Out
I think every bloggers’ goal is trying to be unique and trying to stand out from the crowd.
It is hard, I know.
There is already so much information online for you to read and there are already so many bloggers out there for you to follow.
How can you ever be unique when you have so much standards to hold on to? To give you a bit of inspiration, a lot of bloggers write about the types of blogposts you should write that will make your blog more unique and sharable. However.. rather than writing unique, I am going to give you tips on how to BE unique as a blogger. And that is why, today, I am going to share with you: my 35 tips to help your blog stand out!
1. Write Ebooks
2. Write free downloadable guides
3. Make an offline version of your website your readers can download
4. Make monthly issues your readers can download and read on their E-reader or Tablet – like a magazine
5. Develop an app
6. Broadcast live ‘blogs’ and question hours
7. Send your readers newsletters and guides based on their location and interests
8. Host meet-ups
9. Make audio guides for city trips (make your own walking tours), for self confidence boosts, recipes.. what ever!
10. Sell your own items and merchandise.
11. Sell your own travel-guides and itineraries
12. Raise money for something you believe in
13. Start your own charity fund
14. Send your readers Christmas cards
15. Organise a (Halloween) party for your readers
16. Make collaborative posts with your readers (in stead of with other bloggers)
17. Be honest: write about the things you don’t and didn’t like
18. Make short video messages to introduce your blogposts (you can share these on social media as well)
19. .. Make short video messages to thank readers
20. .. Or make short video messages to tell what you’re up to
21. Creat your own font to make posts and headers more personal
22. Share your editorial calendar so your readers know what they can expect (they will remember to return to your website if they have seen something they like)
23. Become a tour operator
24. Host workshops or events
25. Broadcast how your blogging-day / writing process looks like and ask readers for help while you are in the process of writing articles
26. Make a ‘share-page’ on your blog where you share blogs from other people, photos, quotes etc. that inspire you
27. Create a forum on your website so your readers can connect
28. Or create a login system for your readers so they can share, comment, get exclusive content.. whatever!
29. Hold surveys
30. Ask your readers for feedback, and let them tell you which posts they would like to see
31. Host webinars
32. Sell your photographs (as postcards?)
33. Sell your expertise personalized: book trips for readers, make recipes on request, give someone style advice based on their personal wardrobe.. what ever!
34. Write stories and columns in stead of blogposts
35. Create challenges you and your readers can do together